OLS Fire dampers are passive fire protection products used in ventilation and air conditioning (ACMV) ducts to prevent the spread of fire through fire resistance rated walls and floors.
OLS curtain blade fire dampers were subjected to rigorous independent laboratory testing to relevant Australian Standards, British Standard BS476 Part 20 and Part 22 and Singapore Standards SS333. The fire dampers were tested to 4-hour fire resistance in single and multiple-module construction on the wall, floor and dry wall.
Our fire dampers are constructed of heavy gauge galvanized steel and with option of construction in stainless steel material. Each model of fire damper may be fabricated in 3 variations:
Type A: Curtain blade within air stream. For use with low velocity airflow,
Type B: Curtain blade out of airstream for use with low to medium velocity airflow,
Type C: Curtain blade and damper frame entirely out of air stream. Total unobstructed flow with minimum pressure drop across the fire damper particularly suitable for medium to high velocity
- Robust construction with heavy gauge hot dip galvanized steel plate.
- Continuous seam weld at all damper sleeve joint ensure product rigidity and closing reliability.
- High quality weld with automatic seam welding prevent rusting.
- One mm thick roll-formed blades withstand higher pressure, lower leakage and closing reliability.
- Rigorous fire test with single and multiple module dampers give assurance of its performance of small and large dampers.
- Large damper module size gives higher free area to airflow resulting in lower pressure loss and lower air leakage when closed.
- 4-hours fire rating provides higher degree of safety to fire resistance.
- Damper design to minimize leakage across the blade when closed
- Easy installation with sleeve and appropriately sized retaining angles provided
- Damper is modular in construction, and for large size, it is easily assembled on site.
- Damper is subject to product certification scheme by recognized certification body
With above features built into the damper and with good manufacturing practice, we assure you of a product of high quality, performance and reliability to keep your property and building occupant safe. This enhances the value of a building and keep fire insurance premium down. For these reasons building owner should never compromise on quality of fire damper.