OLS Fire dampers are passive fire protection products used in ventilation and air conditioning (ACMV) ducts to prevent the spread of fire through fire-rated walls and floors.
OLS curtain blade fire dampers were subjected to rigorous independent laboratory testing to relevant Australian Standards, British Standard BS476 Part 20, and Part 22, and Singapore Standards SS333. The fire dampers were tested to 4-hour fire resistance in single and multiple-module construction on the wall, floor, and drywall.
Our fire dampers are constructed of heavy gauge galvanized steel and with the option of construction in stainless steel material. Each model of fire damper may be fabricated in 3 variations:
Type A: Curtain blade within the air stream. For use with low-velocity airflow,
Type B: Curtain blade out of airstream for use with low to medium velocity airflow,
Type C: Curtain blade and damper frame entirely out of air stream. This damper offers 100 percent free area to airflow, minimizes pressure drop, and is ideal for medium to the high-velocity system.
- Robust construction with heavy gauge hot-dip galvanized steel plate.
- Continuous seam weld at all damper sleeve joint ensures product rigidity and closing reliability.
- High-quality weld with automatic seam welding prevents rusting.
- One mm thick roll-formed blades enable the damper to withstand higher pressure, lower its leakage rate, and improve its closing reliability.
- Rigorous fire tests with single and multiple module dampers give a clear indication of small and large dampers' performance.
- A large damper module size offers a higher airflow free area resulting in a lower pressure loss.
- A large damper module size minimizes air leakage across the blade when closed.
- 4-hours fire rating provides a higher degree of safety to fire resistance.
- Easy installation with sleeve and appropriately sized retaining angles provided.
- The damper is modular in construction, and for large size, it is easily assembled on site.
- Damper is modular in construction, and for large size, it is easily assembled on site.
- The damper is subject to a product certification scheme by a recognized certification body.
With the above features built into the damper and good manufacturing practice, we assure you of a high-quality product, performance, and reliability to keep your property and building occupant safe. Such features enhance the value of a building and keep the fire insurance premium down. For these reasons, the building owner should never compromise on the quality of the fire damper.