The Model FSD418 fire smoke damper is constructed of standard hot-dip pre-galvanised steel frame and blade. The blade is constructed of double-skinned steel plates with stainless steel blade edge seals. The vertical frame is constructed of ‘C” channel with 38 or 50 mm flanges for duct connection. Stainless steel jamb seal is installed on the vertical frame to minimise leakage between blade and frame. Damper blade design enables bi-directional airflow. Each blade is equipped with square stainless steel stub shaft and pivot on two-parts bearing. Interconnecting blade linkages are located outside the air stream and pivot on two parts bush. Damper may be constructed of stainless steel blade and frame. As a standard, on-off spring-return electric actuator is provided to each damper, number of actuator required depend on the torque required to meet pressure and flow requirement. The electric actuator is fast acting and able to close or open the damper over 90 degrees travel in 20 seconds.
- Robust and high quality construction.
- Two-part bearing bush reduce friction, wear and less actuator torque is required.
- Double skin Airfoil blade withstand applied torque without twisting at high pressures and velocity resulting in less leakage.
- Square blade stub shaft prevent slip at the actuator connection
- Suitable for Bi-directional airflow
- Quality assurance tested
- Low leakage rate less than 0.5% based on approach velocity of 10 m/s and meets UL555s requirement for Class I damper
- Fire rating: 4 hours according to BS 476 Part 20
- High temperature rating of 250°C for 2 hours
- High pressure rating to 1800 Pa
- Fast cycling time ensures damper attains the desired blade position promptly